Are We Close to A Skynet Takeover?
Experts at the prestigious University of Cambridge will conduct research into the “extinction-level risks” posed to humanity by artificially intelligent robots.
The Cambridge Project for Existential Risk is dedicated to “ensuring that our own species has a long-term future” by studying the risks posed by AI, nanotechnology and biotechnology.
“The scientists said that to dismiss concerns of a potential robot uprising would be “dangerous,” reports the BBC.
The project was co-founded by Huw Price, Bertrand Russell Professor of Philosophy at Cambridge, Martin Rees,
Emeritus Professor of Cosmology & Astrophysics at Cambridge, and Jaan Tallinn, the co-founder of Skype.
An article written by Tallinn and Price warns that artificially intelligent computers or robots could take over “the speed and direction of technological progress itself,” and shape the environment of planet earth to their own ends while displaying about as much concern for humanity as we do for a bug on the windscreen.
Far from being resigned to works as science fiction such as in the Terminator films, the threat posed by a potential future “rise of the robots” has never been closer to reality.
The study echoes the predictions of respected author, inventor and futurist Ray Kurzweil, renowned for his deadly accurate technological forecasts.
ORDER THIS SURVIVAL DVD AND START GETTING PREPARED TODAY AT…
Joel Skousen sits down with Alex Jones and discusses strategies on how to prepare for and survive major disasters.
[Join The Alex Jones Team and Start Getting Healthy Today!]
Get all your Youngevity Products such as Beyond Tangy Tangerine, the Alex Pack and Pollen Burst. These supplements are a great way to get your essentials vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other beneficial nutrients
[[[ProPur Water Filtration]]]
- Preventing Skynet: Cambridge University Proposes “Centre for the Study of Existential Risk” (adafruit.com)
- Robot uprising risk to be studied (bbc.co.uk)
- robot uprising considered,robot doom! (lunaticoutpost.com)
- More discussion of Skynet – while we know the mad scientists will go there , what makes them believe they could control the agendas of self – aware machines ? (fredw-catharsisours.blogspot.com)
- Cambridge University announces research centre to study the risk of robots taking over the world (thenextweb.com)
- ‘Terminator’ risk to be investigated by scientists (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Cambridge Centre To Study Prospect Of Robot Apocalypse (techweekeurope.co.uk)
- Risk of robot uprising wiping out human race to be studied (refreshingnews99.blogspot.com)
- ‘terminator centre’ to open at cambridge university (thesun.co.uk)
- Cambridge Professors and Skype Co-Founder Team Up to Save Humanity From Robotic Uprising (geekosystem.com)
Filed under: news Tagged: | Are We Close to A Skynet Takeover?, Artificial intelligence, Cambridge, CAMBRIDGE University, Jaan Tallinn, Martin Rees Baron Rees of Ludlow, Max Tegmark, Skype, Terminator