Within Weeks: Israel Plans to Launch Attack on Iran Before U.S. Presidential Elections
It’s almost go-time in the Middle East. Despite sanctions imposed by the West, the Iranians have refused to make any changes to their nuclear ambitions, insisting that they are not developing nuclear weapons.
Just last week, however, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad threw more flame on the fire in a speech at an annual anti-Israel rally when he called Israel a “cancerous tumor” that would be destroyed. “The nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land…. A new Middle East will definitely be formed. With the grace of God and help of the nations, in the new Middle East there will be no trace of the Americans and Zionists,” he said.
That may be the last straw for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has been a vocal proponent for an immediate attack on Iranian nuclear installations.
According to numerous reports, Israel may be done with sanctions and attempts to negotiate, and may unilaterally launch a military strike ahead of the U.S. Presidential elections in November.
From Newsmax via The Daily Crux:
“From the prime minister’s point of view, the time for action is getting closer,” the newspaper reported influential reporter Alon Ben-David as saying.
Ben-David said Netanyahu would not wait for a meeting with Obama at next month’s meeting of the United Nations General Assembly in New York to decide on a strike on Iran.
“In any case, I doubt Obama could say anything that would convince Netanyahu to delay a possible attack,” he said.
Ben-David is military reporter for Israel’s Channel 10 News and has been given extensive access to the country’s air force in its preparation for a potential attack on Tehran, said the Times.
The paper said President Shimon Peres, top generals, the intelligence community, opposition leader Saul Mofaz, “and of course the Americans” were all opposed to an attack on Iran.
Numerous sources are now suggesting that such an attack is imminent and could be launched within weeks:
Israel is planning a military strike against Iran’s nuclear programme before November, security sources in Israel have claimed.
British officials say prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu has begun a process of ‘sounding out’ his voters to gauge support for airstrikes and build a case for military action.
Israeli leaders believe that President Obama, locked in a close election battle with Republican Mitt Romney, would be forced to back an Israeli strike – even though US military chiefs are against it – for fear of alienating Jewish voters in key swing states such as Florida.
Source: Daily Mail
What America would do should such a unilateral action be initiated by Israel will likely depend largely on how Iran responds.
In the past, Iran has said that any attack on their nuclear facilities will be treated as an attack by Israel and the United States, and that they would respond by militarily shutting down the critical Strait of Hormuz oil transit route and could possibly target US military personnel already deployed in the middle east.
M. Frank Drover
The Daily Sheeple
- October Surprise: Netanyahu Reportedly Wants Iranian Attack Before U.S. Presidential Election (jonathanturley.org)
- Within Weeks: Israel Plans to Launch Attack on Iran Before U.S. Presidential Elections (thedailysheeple.com)
- Israel says possible attack on Iran kills 500 Israelis (worldbulletin.net)
- Will Israel strike down Iran’s nuclear program before the November U.S. Presidential election? #Netanyahu #Obama #Iran (flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com)
- Israeli protesters warn against war as government appears to prep Iran strikes (worldnews.nbcnews.com)
- Iran war could cost Israel economy $42 billion (theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com)
- The Real Reason Israel wants to strike Iran before the US elections (rys2sense.com)
- Ex-CIA Analyst Tells Us The Real Reason Israel Wants To Strike Iran Before The US Election (businessinsider.com)
- Is Israel’s Rush to Strike Iran Based on U.S. Politics? (bloomberg.com)
- Netanyahu ‘determined to attack Iran’ before US elections, claims Israel’s Channel 10 (timesofisrael.com)
Filed under: news Tagged: | Alon Ben-David, Benjamin Netanyahu, iran, Iran's nuclear program, Israel, isreal attacks iran, isreal insane, isreal plans an attack, middle east, nuclear war in middle east, United Nations General Assembly, united states, Within Weeks: Israel Plans to Launch Attack on Iran Before U.S. Presidential Elections