Friends of Kim – Documentary
North Korea is the country many love to hate. Declared as a nation on the axis of evil by George W. Bush but embraced by an international delegation of friends: the Korean Friendship Association.They set out for a march through North Korea. Its aim: to show solidarity with the regime and the North Korean people. The authorities even allowed some US citizens in and an American journalist from ABC.
This ‘International March for Korea’s Peace and Reunification‘ is organised by the KFA, the Korean Friendship Association; a worldwide group of supporters of North Korea. Its leader is a 29 year old Spanish citizen, Alejandro Cao de Benos de Les y Perez. Originating from an aristocratic family he heads an organization with mainly young members who are fed up with the consumerism of the Western world.
In 12 days the 22 participants of the march travel through a country full of monuments, propaganda and poverty. Friends of Kim is a film about idealism, trust and crime. What begins as a magical mystery tour ends in a road to claustrophobia.
- North Korea vows to push ahead with rocket launch (independent.co.uk)
- North Korean rocket installed on launch pad – ABC Online (abc.net.au)
- N. Korea’s controversial missile on launch pad (cbsnews.com)
- North Korea Puts Rocket Into Place, Nuclear Test Worries Voiced By Surrounding Nations (inquisitr.com)
- Rocket in position at launch pad in North Korea (staradvertiser.com)
- North Korea readies controversial rocket launch (davidwestern.wordpress.com)
- Sam the Man! (storiesfromsarah.wordpress.com)
- Photos of North Korea’s newest rocket (security.blogs.cnn.com)
- North Korea Ready to Launch Rockets (socyberty.com)
- North Korea readies longer range rocket‚ risks remain (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Rocket in position at launch pad in North Korea (hosted.ap.org)
- Firsthand look: North Korea rocket in place for lift-off (ctv.ca)
- Rocket in position at launch pad in North Korea (newsok.com)
- Rocket in position at launch pad in North Korea (news.yahoo.com)