Monsanto Attacks Farmers for ‘FREAK-TECH’ Corn: Infowars Nightly News
Editor’s Note: Monsanto is attempting to counter-spin the poor PR its been deservedly receiving recently – by attacking US farmers who use its frankenstien agra products. Currently, Monsanto are crying to the EPA screaming that, “Bugs’ resistance to modified crops may be increasing”, and ironically, are upset because farmers aren’t planting — non bT corn, next to GMO corn — because according to Monsanto, insects who eat BOTH natural and fake GM corn DON’T become immune to Monsanto’s pesticide perspiring synthetic corn. It should be abundantly clear by now to anyone who considers themself a green or environmental activist, that the world has a serious problem it is facing because of the depths which corporations like Monsanto and their extensive range of freak-tech GMO products have been able to penetrate the world’s food supply. As a mindless public become ever more dependent on experimental DNA-shuffling lab food for humans, successive generations run the risk of degrading their own human genetics, and even losing the ability to reproduce altogether.
February 14, 2012
Monsanto Co. and other seedmakers reported a threefold increase last year in U.S. farmers caught violating rules intended to stop insects from developing resistance to genetically modified corn.
The rules affect farmers planting seeds modified to produce a toxin derived from Bacillus thuringiensis, or Bt, a natural insecticide. The Environmental Protection Agency requires those growers to also plant an adjacent area — a so-called refuge — of non-Bt corn so that bugs feed on both types of corn and don’t become immune to the toxin.
Seed companies are concerned that bugs’ resistance to modified crops may be increasing. In July, Iowa State University found that some rootworms have evolved resistance to the Bt gene engineered into Monsanto corn. Entomologists in Illinois and other Midwestern states are studying possible resistance in fields where the insects devour roots of Monsanto’s Bt corn.
Seed companies used sales data to identify farmers who may not have purchased enough seed for a refuge, said Nick Storer, global science policy leader for Dow Chemical Co., another maker of modified seeds.
- Monsanto says it’s the farmers fault that superweeds develop #GMO (themomu.wordpress.com)
- 300,000 Organic Farmers Sue Monsanto in Federal Court (habwwe.wordpress.com)
- Seed of class action suit against Monsanto in U.S. (thehindu.com)
- 300k Organic Farmers To Sue Monsanto For Seed Patent Claims (science.slashdot.org)
- Monsanto’s Resistant Super Bugs by Ripple Effect Films (socialactions.net)
- 300,000 Organic Family Farmers in lawsuit against Agribusiness Giant Monsanto (stillisstillmoving.com)
- The (Mother Nature’s) Empire Strikes Back :0) (skywatchmelle.wordpress.com)
- Willie Nelson and 300,000 Other Activists Sue Monsanto (musicians4freedom.com)
- Breaking: Monsanto Found Guilty of Chemical Poisoning in France | TruthTheory (downtownlocal.me)
- More U.S. Farmers Violate Genetically-Modified Corn Requirements (businessweek.com)
Filed under: news Tagged: | Bacillus thuringiensis, Genetically modified maize, Genetically modified organism, GMO, Iowa State University, Midwestern United States, MONSANTO, Monsanto Attacks Farmers for 'FREAK-TECH' Corn: Infowars Nightly News, United States Environmental Protection Agency