The video above documents what I am told is a meeting between Fukushima residents and government officials from Tokyo, said to have taken place on 19 July 2011. The citizens are demanding their government evacuate people from a broader area around the Fukushima nuclear plant, because of ever-increasing fears about the still-spreading radiation. They are demanding that their government provide financial and logistical support to get out. In the video above, you can see that some participants actually brought samples of their children’s urine to the meeting, and they demanded that the government test it for radioactivity.
When asked by one person at the meeting about citizens’ right to live a healthy and radioactive-free life, Local Nuclear Emergency Response Team Director Akira Satoh replies “I don’t know if they have that right.”
Boing Boing reader Rob Pongi spotted this online and sent this in to us. I asked him for more info.
The current evacuation zone in Fukushima is only 20-30 kilometers. The Japanese government has compensated the evacuees from inside that zone and has financially supported them in moving out of it. However, as more and more high levels of radiation are being discovered outside of the evacuation zone, many more Fukushima residents (and many others located nearby Fukushima) want the government to also help them logistically and financially so that they can move out further away from the nuclear plants. Especially since many children are now being exposed. But the government does not want to do this at all and many people are getting very upset.
This video was filmed in Fukushima at the Corasse Fukushima Building on July 19, 2011. The meeting was entitled “Japanese Government Discussion – Demands for Evacuation Authority”. This meeting was attended by residents of Fukushima and some Representatives for the Nuclear Safety Commission Of Japan. It was filmed by some anonymous members of the “Save Child” website. This site includes Japanese news about the Fukushima Nuclear disaster, advice on how to avoid contamination, and many, many related videos. This site is much like enenews.com on steroids! I checked domaintools.com and the name of the registration is private. You can see the original Japanese videos of this meeting on the Save Child website here (English), and on Youtube here. This video was translated by pejorativeglut. And, for sure, the English subtitles are correct. I was not involved in the production of this video.
- Fukushima Highly Radiated United States Water, Food Cover up by Feds Continues (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
- Threat to Japanese Food Chain Multiplies as Cesium Contamination Spreads (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
- IAEA chief’s tour of stricken plant sobering; help offered (search.japantimes.co.jp)
- Japanese Government Bans Fukushima Beef After Feed Found to be Radioactive (shoppingblog.com)
- You: IAEA chief’s tour of stricken plant sobering; help offered (search.japantimes.co.jp)
- VIDEO: Inside Japan’s nuclear exclusion zone (bbc.co.uk)
- You: Kan hopes to apologize to Saga, Genkai leaders (search.japantimes.co.jp)
- Japan OKs $25.5 billion budget for reconstruction (seattlepi.com)
- IAEA chief visits crippled Japan nuke plant (seattlepi.com)
- Japan bans shipment of cattle from Fukushima (ft.com)
Filed under: news Tagged: | Fukushima coverup, Fukushima Prefecture, Government of Japan, International Atomic Energy Agency, Japan, Japanese government, Japanese government killing its own people in Fukushima, Nuclear power, The Tokyo Electric Power Company, Tokyo